giovedì 20 febbraio 2020

Christmas Emotions

by Sandro D. Fossemò


 (Translated from Italian to English)

The crib became a starry paradise,
where Jesus was born to kings’ delight.
The stable warms with me near,
where logs burn in the fireplace here.

A magical heat spreads from candles red to walls cold sharp,
where God beats the wind from His breath to His heart.
I then notice dim green branches of pine, 
where coloured icicles sparkle and shine.
I walk freely and willingly,
where bright to pathways lanterns bring.
The planets of the Christmas tree orbit the comet,
where the kingdom of heaven is our object.
Nebulae and constellations shine on cosmos’ of glass misted,
where snowmen lay in the ice isolated.  
The Holy Night fills my heart with gaiety,
where the snow falls in a world void of eternity.
And I hear a sweet melody from near and far churches sing,
where angels make bells in those towers ring.



CHRISTMAS POEMS

GOTHIC POEMS

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento